Updated October 4th: Corrected information regarding the Job Card Reboot, Celestriad (the Three Stars item) and Ultimate Card.
I’m still unsure about the ability card level limit though so take it with a grain of salt. The example on the official site and the one in the stream are different. The explanation on the site isn’t that clear either.
The Square Enix Presents live stream last night revealed some new features and changes that will be added in the October 7th (Japan Time) update.
(The captions under the two images below are for anyone just looking at the page with an image and not this post. ^^)
There’s a lot more under the cut. ^^
In the first image, it lists the following:
- Custom skill panels can be swapped. This is shown at the 18:49 mark of the video.
- The job model that corresponds with a deck will not automatically change when you peruse other decks. Instead, there will be an additional button near the bottom right that can be pressed to manually change it. In order to use this feature, you have to go into the Config menu and select it.
This is demonstrated here: https://youtu.be/wY7nbtT3dr8?t=19m57s. It ends around 21:00.
- The job crown, which is representative of how many skill panel pages have been completed, can now go up to 12. I’m not entirely sure how this is achieved since it was verbally explained. ^^ I think it may have something to do with the job exclusive custom skill cards obtained from Job Quests as there are exactly 4 of them.
- “Card Next” is simply a really funny way of saying that players will be able to go through their cards without first returning to the list of cards.
- Little trophy icons will be visible above the player level bar which correspond to the player’s current weekly and event rank.
- Battles can begin with the sub deck.
Points from the second image:
- Summon cards can be set to be automatically sold.
- Cutscenes can be resumed later. I’m unsure if this is translated properly. ^^
- Notices shown during data download can be hidden.
- The Android navigation bar at the bottom of the screen can be hidden.
- Draw coins of other rarities can be used in skill draws. See demonstration here: https://youtu.be/wY7nbtT3dr8?t=27m1s
The next topic on the agenda was Chapter 6 and Meia. I’ll let the screencaps do the talking. XD
You can start watching from ~45:23 onward to see some battles featuring the witch.
Other topics discussed:
Following those was the segment about the Job Card Reboot. It starts with a brief teaser for the Three Stars (a.k.a Celestriad in global) item.
The second part is more detailed and goes into the new job card “Limit Break” system.
Job levels will be increased by 4 through drawing duplicate jobs.
You can also raise it manually by one level at a time through the Job Exceed item. This is known as the Overbooster-J in global.
Ability cards have their own level limit breaks as well. 88 Ability Tickets are needed to raise it by 1. The total level of the ability card will be its own level + the level added by the player.
The official site only shows +1 along with a level limit of 6 so I’m not really sure what’s going on at the moment. ^^;
Anyway, I guess we’ll find out for sure after the update, or if someone explains it to me before then. ^^;
The final feature presented was the 7th “Ultimate Card” which will be added to multi-card draws. This special card is extremely rare. You’ll know when you managed to get one if the colours during the spin is rainbow-coloured. The icon representing the Ultimate Card matches it as well.
Lastly, a new card was revealed. This may be an Ultimate Card?