Edit on December 12th 2013: I decided to update the Shopkeeper for a Day info with the official English translations.
Good lord, I must have redid the 臨時店番の募集 (Hiring Temporary Help) a.k.a. Shopkeeper for a Day in the official English version side quest in Selray 3 times last night. I only discovered this when I reached Highland and completed the final quest needed for the merchant trophy; the game didn’t give it to me. >_>
The biggest problem was the second last customer since, being rather illiterate to Japanese, it made it difficult for me to understand which of the nuts I should be selling. All I was doing was matching text. But due to the fact that none of the other kanji matched any of the red text that Dulen repeated, I didn’t know I was supposed to just select the same type of nut that was supposed to get off-loaded onto customers at a discounted price. In short, I was looking for the phrase “値引き” (“discount”) which shows up as a response to the final customer, IIRC. (See the screenshot below.)
The circled text is randomly generated every time you reload/play this side quest. I believe it can be チトの実, ラパロの実, or アリエダの実.
Here are the replies you should provide to each customer (taken from http://ysc-psvita.game-cmr.com/data/quest/detail/8.html. Please take note that the list of items for getting all 6 replies correct is slightly wrong.). Edit on December 12, 2013: Updated with official English translations.
- Customer #1：木綿をすすめる (Bottom choice)/Recommend cotton
- Customer #2：まけられない (Top choice)/Refuse
- Customer #3：自腹を切って果実をオマケする (30G) (Top choice)/Buy a fruit for her (30G)
- No one around：大きな声で、元気よく客を呼び込む (Top choice)/Call out to try attracting more
- Customer #4：○○の果実を売る (This should match the type of seed that Ray mentions)*/sell whatever is in high supply/demand as mentioned by Ray
- Customer #5：○○の実を値引きして売る (Ditto)*/discount whatever Ray instructed to
* These types of nuts or fruits will be different for everyone as they’re randomized upon loading the game so I hope you paid attention. ^^
If you get all the answers right, you should be rewarded with the 特上 (known as Extra Large) set:
Random, unrelated thoughts:
For this playthrough, I opted to do Selray first and then Comodo. One thing I noticed was this:
And I also noticed Pigeon and Rabbit appearing too. I can’t recall if they showed up in this area during my first playthrough where I went to Comodo first.
- Nightmare’s been a breeze so far thanks to me maxing out Adol and Dulen and majorly reinforcing their equipment (as well as Carna’s) from the previous playthrough. The only issue is that boss battles and some of the larger monsters still take a while. The only boss that gave me problems so far is the one in the Tower of Divine Guidance. The second battle is fairly easy but the first one is terrible for me since I can’t dodge or flash guard in time. 😛
Oh yeah, guarding in Nightmare is quite horrible since your still get a chunk of HP lopped off. Of course, it’s not as bad as not guarding at all but still. ^^
- Finalllllllllllllly. I got it~~!
- .Check out the time. XD
Oh dear lord. My first playthrough clocked in at 75 hours. What the hell did I do? I know I didn’t really grind at all and if I did, it was only for materials and there’s no way I put in so many hours for grinding.