I did a quick run through to get the entire map of the area. Falcom really doesn’t put too much thought into making puzzles because this turned out pretty easy overall. ^^ (As long as you can remember that you can backtrack to a previous pressure plate then all will be okay~ :3)
I realize it’ll be more ideal to have the map on one side and the walkthrough on the facing page but that’ll just end up being one big graphic. It’s probably best to open 2 browser windows and line them up side by side with one showing the map and the other with the steps. ^^
Oh yes, I would recommend that Dulen be one of the three members you can control because there are a few treasure chests that require his Personal Action.
Need to knows:
- The tablet near the entrance resets the room.
- Any depressed pressure plates will remain so until you hit another plate elsewhere. This means you can walk over them without worry that the platforms will move.
- Go to pressure plate A.
- Move north to B. Regular chest on bottom right is a Heal Troche. Chest for Dulen contains a Shield Ring IV (シールドリングⅣ).
- Hit C.
- Go to D then immediately hit E. Travel northwest to the normal chest for Panaceas x 3 (万能薬).
- Go south to circular area until you reach the tablet and the two stone heads. Don the Dwarf Bracelet (小人の腕輪) and make your way across to the tablet on the other side. You can run or roll over the holes since it seems like the spikes will only shoot out when you’re normal-sized or a roo. (Yes, I tested it out in roo form too. :P)
- Interact with the tablet on the left side of the two stone heads and choose the top option. It will disable the spike trap.
- Go north to step on F.
- Go south over G.
(Yes, I know there’s a chest on a small platform near F. You CAN get it now but after opening it, you’ll have to teleport out of the Bronze Space and run all the way back to this point since there is no other pressure plate to bring you back. I figure it makes more sense to trigger the waystone at the end of this place so you can teleport to that instead.)
- Head to H.
- Run to I and then go east to the gold chest. It has Dulen’s Purgatorio (プルガトリオ), his second strongest weapon.
- Now head west to the regular chest for a Roda Leaf (ロダの葉).
- Move over J and then go to K.
- Go all the way north for a Dulen chest with a Celceta Nostrum (セルセタの秘薬).
- Go to L. The tablet here re-activates all pressure plates.
- Make your way to the pool of water and put on the Beast King Claw (獣王の篭手) to smash both of the giant jars on either side.
- Swim to northern region. I’m not going to do a walkthrough since the teleports are straightforward and won’t send you from one end of the screen to the next or anything. Do be careful of the weird horned-enemy since it can put status effects on characters.
For the chest near F. Do the following:
- Touch G and immediately go back to F.
- Go to the small platform on the east to open the Dulen chest for a Temple Cloth (テンプルクロス).
- Teleport to either the end of the Bronze Space (if you already activated the waystone there and haven’t defeated the boss yet) or back outside to the main area of Iris, or run back all the way to the tablet next to the first pressure plate.
Added on Oct 24th: A video walkthrough! (Sorry about the quality. >_< I mean, even in HD it’s not all that great. :\)
Here are the chest contents of the northern region:
Bottom – Roda Fruit (ロダの実)
Middle – Dulen chest with Elixir of Life (命の霊薬)
Top – Kaiser Potion (カイザーポーション)
Bottom – Celceta Flower (セルセタの花)
Middle – Skill Troche (スキルトローチ)
Top – Red chest with Flash Bracelet (閃光の腕輪)
Central area with 3 chests (accessed via east side):
Dulen chest has Berserk Armor +1 (ベルセルクアーマー)
Bottom chest has a Diamond (ダイアモンド)
Left chest has the, uh, Peculiar Lump x 15 (奇妙な塊)
The gold chest further up north, just south of the waystone has the Apocalypse (アポカリプス) which is a sword for Adol.
Obligatory screenshot of the boss: Click~! Damn, this boss is easy. ^^
One thought on “Ys Celceta – Walkthrough for the Bronze Space (青銅の間) in Iris”